We are looking for Systems and Network Engineers with 3+ years of experience in maintaining and developing core I.T. systems in response to business needs, and contributing to the smooth running and availability of the server and network infrastructure by means of best practice and proactive monitoring.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- At least 3+ years of IT experience in a dynamic IT Operations Environment, with significant knowledge including troubleshooting and design experience on ;
- Exchange 2010
- Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - 2012
- Amazon Web Services
- Network Security
- MPLS Wide Area Networks
- IP Telephony
- Knowledge and experience of IP Routing and Switching, Routing Protocols, WAN, VLANs, Packet Analysis, Firewall, Load Balancing, Web Proxy, IP Telephony, Capacity Planning, Wireless, IT Tools and other relevant technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server and networking technologies including the use of Active Directory, Sharepoint and Office 365.
- Experience in building Windows Server / PC systems from the component level upwards.
- Experience in managing and supporting IP based Telephony systems
- A good understating of VMWare and associated technologies
- A very strong technical background, with a logical mind, excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- A flexible and adaptable working style with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft Office products.
- Experience of working as part of a team in both an operational and a project environment.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, RDS, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC
- An in-depth understanding of other Operating systems in use, including open VMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database administration.
- Working Knowledge in the administration of the Avaya IP Office Phone System
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and managers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide end-user desktop support to circa 120 users.
- To provide application support to the above user base.
- To develop and maintain a resilient and secure platform infrastructure, covering desktop, servers, telephony, storage, security and core business applications/services.
- To maintain all infrastructure through the incident and problem resolution, as defined by the department’s service and operating level agreements, governed by an ITIL based approach.
- To diagnose and resolve technical issues relating to the network and server infrastructure.
- To ensure the availability and security of the company network due to adequate security systems and proactive monitoring.
- To deal with technology suppliers in regards to technical consultancy, problem resolution, deliveries of equipment, returns/repairs of equipment.
- The production of technical documentation.
- The production and presentation of training/user guide documentation.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- To observe, monitor, promote and comply with the BISL Information Security Policy, as well as any other IT process or procedure in the performance of duties.